Saturday, November 22, 2014

Mothers Kitchen Facebook Group

Hi everyone! I wanted to explain what this group is about...I've been writing my blog motherskitchen.blogspot.com since January 2006. Almost 9 years! Over the course of the years, social media has changed quite a bit, and one thing I have noticed is that people tend not to comment on blog posts anymore...and I miss that interaction. So I am experimenting with facebook to see if a group will work well in that space. Also, I've found myself participating much less in yahoo groups and other email based social networking. So, I am going to try to keep the discussion going in facebook about food, cooking and canning etc. and see how it goes.  If you'd like to join the group, check it out here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/momskitch/

1 comment:

Mrs. G said...

FWIW, I found that once I was on Facebook that in and of itself caused comments to drop on my blog. I'm leaving facebook for a myriad of reasons including this one. Comments and discussions move so fast and are lost so easily on facebook, I'd rather just blog and accept that most people won't comment. Good luck to you in your endeavors!