Sunday, January 01, 2012

Most popular posts of 2011

I had a hard time trying to figure out how to measure my most popular posts of 2011.  I finally settled on using Google Analytics and setting the date range for all of 2011, and then using the advanced search function and searching for the phrase "2011".    I had to do a little clean up - Google Analytics counts people finding my blog because of pictures or graphics I have used in it, but not the actual content.   Here's what was read the most in 2011:

Ribbon Jello - a retrospective on all I have learned about making jello. 

Under Pressure - a post I wrote for a cooking class I taught that has 2 great pressure cooker recipes...one for beef and the world's easiest risotto.   Make 2012 your year to get a pressure cooker....they totally rock!

Make Your Own Sauerkraut - I usually write about making kraut every year, and this year, I got creative with it.

Pulla - this Finnish bread recipe was one I tried out to use cardamom.   I think I need to bake some more - it makes fantastic french toast.

Hypertufa - my experiments with making my own planters didn't work as well as I had hoped.  Many of them broke....while on vacation in Maine I saw some hypertufa planters for sale that had way more cement in them than I was using.  If I try again this spring, I might go with adding a higher ratio of the Portland cement.  

Spoon Fruit - I loved coming up with this recipe and technique for making preserves.  This post is my favorite of 2011.

Kitchen Gadgets - My list of my personal favorites!

It's been a fun 2011 and I am looking forward to another great year of blogging - I am starting my 7th year.   I'm glad to still be here!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy New Year! So glad to see that pressure cooking has gotten lots of attention on your blog last, year!

Ciao,

L