Monday, December 28, 2009

Holiday meme

1.. What is your favorite holiday show/animated show?

I loved a show called "A House Without a Christmas Tree" when I was a kid.  It was a movie stat starred Jason Robards and it was about a young girl growing up in the forties.   It's never played on TV anymore, but I look for it every year.
2. Which holiday character do you think you’re most like?

Ralphie from "The Christmas Story"

3. Which holiday character does your spouse think you’re most like?

The Heat Miser

4. Favorite Christmas/holiday song?

"The Holly and the Ivy" or "Lo, How a Rose 'Er Blooming"

5. Most hated Christmas/holiday song?

"O Holy Night" as performed by Celine Dion

6. If you have an all-holiday music radio station, when do you start listening to it?

Right when it first comes out....I love holiday music.

7. If you have an all-holiday music radio station, do you love it or hate it?

I hate it when they start playing too much of #5, which they invariably do.

8. Have you ever wrapped yourself as a Christmas present?

Yes, when I was a kid.  It was my  job to wrap everyones

9. Who is Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer’s father?

I think it was the one that was the football coach like character, that wouldn't allow Rudolph to join in any reindeer games.   I think his name was "Dasher"

10. Do you drive your neighborhood or one near you at night to look at other people’s holiday decorations?

Yes

11. When you see a heavily decorated house do you think, “Oh that’s lovely”? Or do you think, “Oh criminy, that looks like Christmas threw up all over their lawn”?

The more decorations, the better.

12. Do you count the days to Christmas with excited anticipation or dread?

I count the days to Xmas vacation!

13. When was the last time you had your photo taken with Santa? Did you sit on his lap?

I never have taken a photo with Santa, because it just wasn't done when I was a kid.  We always went to the Santa at Tech Plaza, a strip mall on 12 Mile at Van Dyke across from the GM Tech Center.   Santa was in a trailer in the parking lot.   He gave out Christmas nougat candy (the one with the tree in the middle) that I still love to this day.   I remember one year, he had on black framed glasses and I thought that wasn't right.

14. Do you make a Christmas list for your spouse or significant other, or do you rely on them to pick your gift(s) without a clue from you?

He always asked for what I want, and then I say I don't know, and then he gets me jewelry, which is nice.

15. When do you put up your tree?

First weekend in Dec. this year, which is late for me.  We usually do it Thanksgiving weekend

16. Real or fake?

Real

17. When do you take your tree down?

New Years Day, even though good Catholics are supposed to keep it up until Twelfth Night/Epiphany. I can't wait to get it put away that late, because I am back at work by then usually and I don't want to deal with it then.

18. Do you shop the day after Christmas sales? What do you shop for?

Yes, Christmas decorations

19. Did your work/office have a holiday party this year? Did you attend?

Yes, we went out to lunch and I always go.

20. Do you have your New Year’s Eve Plans set yet?

I plan to cook!  I'll either make posole or hoppin' john

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG the Tech Center!! My mom used to go there because she liked some of the stores. Whenever she took me, I would always get a bladder infection. No idea why...it just seemed to coincide. (It was pop that gave me bladder infections, for some reason, we found out later). So we called it the "bladder shopping center".
More information than you ever needed, but now you have it!

Dawn said...

Mom, I set up a Pandora christmas music station this year to listen to carols while I work! No Drummer Boy, or Celine Dion - just click thumbs down and poof, never again!!!! fun post. dawn